Saturday, October 13, 2012

First Trip to the Sunshine Coast!

For my first Saturday in Australia, I lined up a babysitting gig up north on the Sunshine Coast. The family consisted of three girls under the age of 10. I fell in love with them instantly! Here's a photo of me with two of the three girls.


I took a train from Brisbane to Petrie, then a bus to Caboolture (the train wasn't running between the two train stops), then the family picked me up in Caboolture. From there, they took me to three different  areas/beaches. First stop was King's Beach in Caloundra. We sat on the beach eating fish and chips and the girls took photos with Out and About for Tessa and Colton. As we were sitting on the beach, there were helicopters flying above the water. I asked the dad if it was for rescues and the dad said it was mainly to spot sharks...YIKES. Needless to say, I didn't go in the water...



Next up was a quick stop at a lookout over Moffat Beach lookout:



After the lookout point, we drove to Point Cartwright, which is on the Mooloolah River side. There was a wedding that afternoon overlooking the water. The day was perfectly sunny and warm; that bride sure lucked out! As we walked across the sand on the beach, I noticed that it was making a squeaking sound-it was the strangest thing. At first I thought it was the sound of my feet against my flip flops, then realized the sound was coming from between the sand and my sandals. I'm still trying to find out exactly why this happens..



Our final stop of the day was Mooloolaba Beach. The sun was getting lower in the sky at this point, so the lighting was beautiful. The girls buried my legs in the sand and we just sat back and enjoyed the rest of the day's sunlight.


Before dropping me off at the train station, I took a final photo of Mooloolaba Beach from a spot called "Loo with a View." I want to make a mental memory of this part of the world and keep it forever.


1 comment: