Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lesson of the Day: I Heart Maps!

A couple months ago, I remember meeting my friend Helene's colleague. She hosted a party at her house and while we were there, I noticed that she had an abundance of maps all over her house. I came to find out that she went on a road trip years back over the course of multiple years in which she drove all over the continental United States. I also found out that her favorite book/author was Rand McNally and she had tattoos of maps on top of her feet. At the time, I was a bit overwhelmed by her infatuation with maps.

However, I entirely understand her now. As I sat overlooking an old map of Australia on Friday afternoon, an intense state of excitement overcame me. I've always loved geography and travel in general, but it wasn't until I was looking at the map of Australia and planning my adventure that I fully appreciated how amazing maps are. They not only tell you where you are but also where you can go; sky's the limit! Maps = opportunity. They literally unfold another world to explore.


No comments:

Post a Comment